Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BGS Sumpftarn Jacket

Article about: Hello everybody! I recently had the pleasure to pick up this Sumpftarn for a great price, just \\$50 USD! Better yet it still even has the remains of its shoulder pocket! Anyways, I was wonder

Default BGS Sumpftarn Jacket

Hello everybody! I recently had the pleasure to pick up this Sumpftarn jacket for a great price, just $50 USD! Better yet it still even has the remains of its shoulder pocket! Anyways, I was wondering what would be the U.S size equivalent to the jacket itself. The jacket is marked Größe 29, as shown in the pictures. I just ask because I am thinking about putting in on a mannequin. Also I would ask the original seller but he has already shipped it out. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Sumpftarn Jacket   BGS Sumpftarn Jacket  

BGS Sumpftarn Jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Sumpftarn Jacket
    P
    Many

Looks like ya got a tiny size there!?! mines a 46

My one from 1967 has no size on the label. But these great looking jackets are still remarkably good value for money.

Jeez!!! That must mean this jacket is like possibly an extra extra small, or atleast something along those lines. I will be sure to measure it and add to this post when I get it in! Thanks again René, its always a pleasure!

I agree with you! I own another one of these jackets but its missing its shoulder pocket and it also has a few demil cuts in it. But still I wear it over a hoodie when I have to go out and shovel snow!

I think in those days thet used a different size system, Size 29=110cm=44 inches, which would be more in keeping with someone guarding the border, as opposed to someone with an extreemly tiny chest size of about 24/26 inches..That would equate to an eight year old. Like you say, measure it when it arrives and let us know. Size 29 is also a trouser size in Germany. I wonder if the jacket has the wrong label sewn into it

Have look here;

BGS Thread

It's a lomg thread but there is some realy good BGS stuff if you are inclined to be interested.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

thecyclist64, I could see that, maybe it is like the equivalent of a U.S large-short perhaps? But like I said I will be sure to measure it and post my findings here!

- - ------- - -

Watchdog, thanks for sending me that thread! I am always interested in BGS stuff!