Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Article about: by talltom bit expensive ...tom Also my idea.... |<

Default Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Gents, for reference, Berets colours and badges in the Bundeswehr :-
    Black = Panzer and Reconnaissance.
    Green = Panzer Grenadier, Jager and Wachtbattalion.
    Dark Red = Aviation Corps, Airborne and Special Forces.
    Light Red = Military Police (Feldjager), Artillery, and Combat Support Corps.
    Dark Blue = Medical Corps.
    Navy Blue = Multinational Corps, Officer Cadet Battalions, Navy and Luftwaffe Security units.
    White = Music Corps.
    Here are the badges worn on the berets, shown on their appropriate colour backgrounds.
    A khaki/green coloured beret was first worn by Panzer units in the early 60's, so that the hard tankers beret didnt have to be worn outside the vehicle, as it was found to be cumbersome. Around 1970, both Panzer and Airborne units were issued coloured berets, Black and Red respectively, the badges being same design as current ones, but were deviod of the national flag motif at the base of the badge, in the late 70's all units were issued the beret, and all badges sported the flag emblem.
    Hope this helps.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  
    Last edited by oradour; 07-22-2011 at 05:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswehr Berets, colours and badges.

Gents, here is the hard shell Panzer beret (dated January 1963), small size, 54. I mention in the above text.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Default Re: Bundeswehr Berets, colours and badges.

For additional information, please allow me to add the download links to the Bundeswehr's current official brochures on uniforms and insignia and awards and decorations:

http://www.bundeswehr.de/resource/re...TERNET_neu.pdf
    http://www.bundeswehr.de/resource/re...enmed-2010.pdf

Default Bundeswehr side cap

Hello !
    I got this morning a side cap to go with my new collection and i know there is nothing to jump to the ceiling but i feel i had to have one to make it complete.
    I have a question there is a big A across the tag inside what does that mean ?
    i am waiting on a blue and yellow side cap any day will post pic when i get it
    Thanks
    Frenchy

Default Re: Bundeswehr side cap

"A" stamps are placed in items that are officially discarded by the Bundeswehr as inserviceable and subsequently often sold to surplus dealers. ("A" as in "Aussonderung"/"ausgesondert")

Frenchy, nice Heer November 1978 made EM/NCO sidecap, as worn with the grey service uniform, HPL2008 is correct about the "A" stamp, found on most surplus items. HPL2008 can you confirm the correct translation of the "A", as I had it down as meaning "AUSGEMUSTERT" meaning "Decommisioned", if you can confirm which is correct I can amend my notes, thanks,
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    HPL2008 can you confirm the correct translation of the "A", as I had it down as meaning "AUSGEMUSTERT" meaning "Decommisioned", if you can confirm which is correct I can amend my notes, thanks,
    I am almost completely (but not 100%) sure that "Ausgesondert" or "Aussonderung" is the correct meaning.

You see, the terms ausgemustert and ausgesondert are used practically interchangeably in conversational German when referring to decommissioned clothing/equipment/materiel. (ausgemustert , however, is more commonly used for personnel found permanently unfit for duty, where the term ausgesondert could not be used. )

Still, to the best of my knowledge, the officially used term for decommissioned clothing/equipment/materiel is ausgesondert:
    For example, in their product descriptions, German dealers commonly refer to the "A" stamp as an "Aussonderungsstempel" and - more meaningful - the official Bundeswehr regulations governing the decommissioning and selling of equipment are called "Bestimmungen über das Aussondern und Verwerten von Material der Bundeswehr" or "AVB". (I don't have a copy of those regulations; this info is from a listing of BW abbreviations. See: HIL Heeresinstandsetzungslogistik GmbH )

HPL2008, great information ! thanks ! there is very little information here in the U.K. at this moment in time, as collecting Bundeswehr militaria is in its infancy here (Hopefully that will change!) unlike Germany and the U.S. where it seems to have a strong following.....great link.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    HPL2008, great information ! thanks ! there is very little information here in the U.K. at this moment in time, as collecting Bundeswehr militaria is in its infancy here (Hopefully that will change!) unlike Germany and the U.S. where it seems to have a strong following.....great link.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Steve,
    I think that the main problem over here in the UK is that BW kit has been on the surplus market for years but has widely been used as work clothes, or in some cases, (notably boots and shirts), as replacements for issue kit in the British armed forces.
    Personally I much preferred the BW "moleskin" shirts over the issue Shirt KF and wore one whenever I could get away with it even after the green shirts started to be on issue. (Not sure but I think that Ive still got a couple packed away)
    I also used to wear a pair of ex-BW combat trousers when I was on the bike at least 30 years ago, they were lovely thick and warm!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Thanks all for the info on the marking .
    Frenchy

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast