Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr Helmet

Article about: Hello all... My brother-in-law surprised me today with an unsolicited package of candies for my wife plus a helmet and DDR sidecap...he lives in Hamburg Germany and I am not sure where he go

Default Bundeswehr Helmet

Hello all...

My brother-in-law surprised me today with an unsolicited package of candies for my wife plus a helmet and DDR sidecap...he lives in Hamburg Germany and I am not sure where he got them from as he is not really a collector but knows I am....

he hinted at the side cap but I was surprised by the helmet...I'm going the lazy route(sans research) and hoping for some quick info on this piece....

I assume it is West German Army, it appears to me to have period paint and liner, has a paper label in the dome and a name or unit designation on the liner....

any input would be greatly appreciated...I am curious as to the year range and if it is Army or some other type of branch...thanks!

Bundeswehr Helmet
    Bundeswehr Helmet
    Bundeswehr Helmet
    Bundeswehr Helmet
    Bundeswehr Helmet
    Bundeswehr Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Helmet
    P
    Many

Hello,

you have a West German M1A1 helmet with a J60 liner. This model was manufactured from 1961 to 1981.
    These helmets were used by all branches of the armed forces. In the Navy, some were painted white. Otherwise there were no differences. The color and all parts are original.
    The attached note is the guide for the correct adjustment of the helmet.

Bundeswehr Helmet

Regards

Sleepwalker, thanks for the information!
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth