Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Fine thread, full of informations, I read it with interest, if I can make my contribution I add a few helmets in my collection.

Cheers
    Roberto

M1A1 m62
    Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

M1A1 m62 modified, single chinstrap variant
    Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Fallschirmspringer m71
    Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, my latest purchase, though not rare, these are now getting hard to find in complete and good condition ! An M1A1 Modifiziert Stahlhelm of 1985 complete with "Flecktarn" cover. ...

Hi, Steve !

Regarding your #18 on page 2:

I´m not collecting helmets actually, but I like them ! ...

Today´s flea market -find, this "FJ-60", Helm "M1A1", (Infantry), "modifiziert", mit "Innenausstattung 60", ("I 60"), is this the correct term/designation ?

I took pity on this pot and bought it for an amount of Euro´s 10,-- (eight and a half GBP).

Cheers,
    R.

Good morning gents,

I posted an M62m here;

BW M62m. Is this one unusual?

in the hope of explaining why it has two side rivet but only one is for the chinstrap. The other (rear-most) rivet serves no purpose other than blocking the hole.

There are two in this thread (#18 - Battle Gear and #82 - Reibert) but no reference to the extra rivet. Can anyone offer an explanation?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi, mates, wanna show you this, relic, M1A1LL, obviously, "The Servant of Some Masters" ...

Interesting, the, (very simple), modification to save the chinstrap, (for me), also from interest the unit, ( 2/381 ), manually written in the liner with a biro.
    I don´t think, 2/381 is a Bundeswehr Airborne unit, so ...
    Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Cross reference to world steel helmets post

Early Bundeswehr M60 Stahlhelm

And another cross reference which I thought I had already done

Early Bundeswehr Zweiteilige (two part) Stahlhem
    Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-12-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typ
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gentlemen, my latest addition to my BW helmet collection (although not steel !), having already got a "Induyco" made Gefechtshelm model M826 (resplendent in Flecktarn cover), I set out to find a "Schuberth" made one, and here it is, complete with Tropentarn cover, U.S. Army issue "cats eyes" band in tan, ESS goggles with dust cover in tan and Night vision attachment strap & plate/adaptor....just as it might appear worn by a ISAF Bundeswehr trooper in Afghanistan (except a little cleaner !).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi, Steve, great helmet display, congrats !

If it´s from interest, some images of my Bundeswehr M826 there:
    BW M826 Aramid

Some more M1A1LL helmets there:
    M1A1 LL Para helmet

I have two M60 helmets in my collection with similar helmet net. I can´t find proof that the era is correct. The helmets came from the same source (Germany) with the Bundesgrenzschutz M35/53 helmets. Blacklight test- dont glow.

Bundeswehr steel helmets. Bundeswehr steel helmets. Bundeswehr steel helmets. Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Quote by Estonian View Post
    I have two M60 helmets in my collection with similar helmet net. I can´t find proof that the era is correct. The helmets came from the same source (Germany) with the Bundesgrenzschutz M35/53 helmets. Blacklight test- dont glow.

Bundeswehr steel helmets. Bundeswehr steel helmets. Bundeswehr steel helmets. Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Hello,

I really don't know where this "M60" designation comes from.

You have a nice non-reworked West German M1A1 helmet with "FJ60" interior. Manufactured in 1959. The model has been manufactured since 1958 and introduced in a large-scale test. So it can't be a 1960 model at all.

"FJ60" also has nothing to do with a year. This is just a manufacturer designation of Hans Römer Neu-Ulm. 1958 to 1961 shells were supplied by the Swedish company Eskilstuna Stalpressings A.B., Pressbolaget Eskilstuna, Esklistuna.

3 59 56 stands for:

3 - Manufacturer: Eskilstuna Stalpressings A.B., Pressbolaget Eskilstuna,
    59 - year of manufacture 1959
    56 - lot number

From 1959 a label was attached with the handling of the adjustment. Most of these have fallen off.

I think the camouflage net is Danish.

In the early Bundeswehr, nets similar to the WWII nets or helmet covers were used.

Regards

?

Thanks Sleepwalker for your post.
    The Swedish supply is interesting.
    Were the shells imported for the rapid expansion of the Bundeswehr?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast