Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Default Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luftlandetruppen) helmet, the one with the net attached (photos have loaded out of sequence !), brought out in 1959 and used well into the 90's until replaced by the M826 (Gefechtshelm,kevlar helmet). This particular well used example is a huge 71 size, and has been modified at depot to fit its owner ! Notice the chinstrap assembly...remind you of another German helmet ? this helmet was regarded as one of the best European helmets of its day, and was supplied to the Belgian army (with modifications to the chinstrap). The other is an M1A1 Model 1962 steel helmet, similiar in shape to the previous Model 1960 helmet, but with an all new removable liner (notice the "big" nut in crown) this helmet was also used upto the 90's, being upgraded with a 3 point harnes in 1985 (M1A1 Modifiziert), these helmets were available in 3 shell sizes and were made by "Fa Schuberth Werk" of Braunschweig.
    I will add more to this thread as I obtain more models and examples of the Bundeswehr 1955-present helmets. Hope you enjoy. Anybody else with Bundeswehr helmets please post !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.  
    Last edited by oradour; 05-19-2012 at 10:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

here are two of my Bundeswehr M60 helmets first & second pattern liners, these were the first West German designed helmets , probably made around 1959 - 1961 era

Default Bundeswehr Model LL 1A1

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

West German para Model 1A1 "Luftlandestruppenstahlhelm" in use since 1961

battle gear, great helmets ! I love the M60, got to get one, thanks for pointing out the interior variations, gentlemen notice the liner, similiar to the M62, but it is not meant to be removable, and was the first post war German helmet to feature the old M31 style leather liner. Your luftlandestruppen helm is in way better condition than mine ! thanks for showing...come on gents, lets see your Bundeswehr helms, especially if anyone out there has the first U.S. M1 shaped two-piece helmet (but German made) used by the Bundeswehr in th first years 1955-58 era.
    Prost ! Steve.

This is a German 1A1LL that was used by the Dutch Naval anti terrorist unit (BBE).

These helmets were used by Dutch Commando's and Marines for parachute operations and the BBE. The latter unit painted these helmets in a sinister black.

The name of the operator has been erased.
    Cheers,
    Emile

Emile, thanks for showing and for the information, I knew the "M1A1 LL" was bought by Belgium but never knew about the Dutch connection.
    Prost ! Steve.

M62 Broddentrupenhelm [ground troops] this helmet recently sold on ebay and was brought back from Desert Storm 1991 used by the IRAQI military

Last edited by battle gear; 01-26-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Gents, my latest Bundeswehr helmet (though not a "steel" helmet, made from Aramid fibre,Kevlar) a mint unissued "Gefechtshelme" Model 826 /M92, this is a taeaser post as I will be starting a new thread on this model of helmet asap, this is a 1995 made example by " Induyco SA Munchen" a subsiduary of the Spanish parent company, the other maker of G-Helms for the Bundeswehr being "Schuberth GmbH". It is complete with its "Flecktarn" reversible cover (white side,"Schneetarn"/snow), and Bundeswehr issue goggles.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

[QUOTE=oradour;225406] this helmet was regarded as one of the best European helmets of its day, and was supplied to the Belgian army(with modifications to the chinstrap). QUOTE]

Hi Oradour,
    I have a few of those old shells laying around at home, I will be glad to post a picture of them.
    But only if you guy's promise that you won't get mad, for what I've done with one of them

Grtz Steven

I have a few of those old shells laying around at home, I will be glad to post a picture of them.
    But only if you guy's promise that you won't get mad, for what I've done with one of them Grtz Steven
    Steven...please show.....
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast