Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK II for discussion

Article about: Is it possible the core might have been made by Klein & Quenzer? I'm trying to understand how a S&L core can be so similar in date style to a K&Q? Why would S&L make a core w

Default EK II for discussion

Here is a new addition to my collection, although it has not arrived yet. I will post more photos when it arrives.
    Thanks go out to Nigel for this one. These are also his photos.
    My goal is to aquire equivalent medals to what my father earned during WWII.
    Hope you like it, and if anyone can identify the maker, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II for discussion   EK II for discussion  

EK II for discussion   EK II for discussion  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II for discussion
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK II for discussion

Nice early S&L, Ralph. Well done.

Regards

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Nice early S&L, Ralph. Well done.

Regards
    Thank you very much Ingrid!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

That is a nice EK Ralph, great look to it.

Interesting the shape of the '3' in the obverse date looks like it should be from Klein & Quenzer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That is a nice EK Ralph, great look to it.

Interesting the shape of the '3' in the obverse date looks like it should be from Klein & Quenzer.
    Thanks Adrian!
    As I said, I will post better photos when it arrives, then we can decide what it really looks like.
    Ralph.

Ralph...this Early 60's S&L EK2 & ribbon with magnetic core, is what you were sold, and was described as such by one of the most clued up collectors I know in the 57er field that you acquired it from, so why ask what it is ? show it by all means, but please be assured you were sold as described.......
    Prost ! Steve.

Steve,
    Thank you for pointing that out for me.
    I have not even seen this cross yet other than photos. When I saved the photos, I neglected to name the file correctly, simply marking it down as a "57'er EK II", as it is the first, and probably will be the only one in my collection. When I posted my comment asking if anyone knew the maker, I did not remember what Nigel had posted.
    I do not for one second, question Nigel's knowledge in this field as I have read many of his posts on WAF in the past. As a matter of fact, if it were any one else selling this piece, due to my lack of knowledge, I doubt that I would have purchased it. I was unfortunately informed through my dealings with Nigel that he had recently sold many, if not all of the particular items that I am looking to aquire.
    I hope you understand,
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-06-2012 at 01:34 AM.

This cross arrived the other day!
    As promised, here are some more photos of this lovely example.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II for discussion   EK II for discussion  

EK II for discussion   EK II for discussion  

Nice piece, Ralph! What's next on the '57er list'?

Regards

Thanks Ingrid!
    I am waiting for a BWB to arrive, I would also like to pick up a PAB in silver, and a bronze CCC.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast