Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gebirgsjäger or just a cheap imitation?

Article about: Hi there Ade, I will take your advice on removing the eagle - it is sewn on, and thanks for moving the thread for me - hopefully someone may be interested in it, many thanks - HPB

HPB
    ?

Default Re: Gebirgsjäger or just a cheap imitation?

Hi there Ade, I will take your advice on removing the eagle - it is sewn on, and thanks for moving the thread for me - hopefully someone may be interested in it, many thanks - HPB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger or just a cheap imitation?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gebirgsjäger or just a cheap imitation?

Ade, and others are correct, BW Gebirgstruppe ski blouse from September 1972, with pink coloured collar patches, making it for Panzertruppen from the Panzerbrigade 24 garrisoned at Landshut, nicknamed "Neiderbayern", it was the only Panzer unit attached to any mountain troop Division within the BW, being part of 1. Gebirgsdivision, and therefore its personal were entitled to wear mountain troop uniform and insignia, yes, I know, I dont how they got tanks up mountains either !...however this example has been royally messed with ! sadly lots of BW items end up being altered into TR pieces, this is no exception...the breast eagle has been added, and the shoulder straps are not original to this style of jacket...mountain troops, do not wear waffenfarbe piped shoulder straps, but just grey shoulder boards despite whatever branch of service they are from...also, the Brigade arm badge has been removed, from the left upper arm...this jacket could be returned back to how it once looked, but sadly even prices of correct examples are low, £5-£15.So I do not think it viable in this case. I show the arm shield this jacket should have....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gebirgsjäger or just a cheap imitation? 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2