Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")

Article about: Hi, mates, I searched the forum regarding a thread regarding the " Kampfmesser Infanterie " , but, I didn´t find any single one ! ... The " KM2000 ", ( " Kampfmesse

How do you like the serrated edge on the lower half of the blade? I find serrated blades good for cutting rope, but less disirable than a non-serrated edge for other purposes. It may have advantages for a combat knife like the Kampfmesser, but I really don't know anything about knife combat. I have a pocket knife with the lower half of the edge serrated, and I don't like the serrations. For sharpening pencils, opening boxes, whittling, scraping battery terminals, and other common uses the serrations are a bother.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")
    P
    Many

?

tanto tip, not appealing for sure, but devastating when on the business end of it!!

Serrations aren´t that "desirable" for a "Bushcrafter", I know ...

But, in particular combat situations, they´re useful actually ...

?

Quote by Richard2 View Post
    How do you like the serrated edge on the lower half of the blade? I find serrated blades good for cutting rope, but less disirable than a non-serrated edge for other purposes.

I completely agree with you. With the majority of outdoor tasks serrated is not the best choice. I especially chose this serrated model because I need to be able to cut through (climbing-) ropes and webbing (of climbing harnesses, tactical equipment and protective gear) when needed, which is hard without a serrated edge especially under wet circumstances.

Kind regards

Another "Kampfmesser Zwotausend", maker:

WAFFENTECHNIK
    BORKOTT&EICKHORN
    SOLINGEN-GERMANY

"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")

"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")

Here are pictures of a KM2000 at the end of its life...

In many places, these combat knives stayed in the soldiers' lockers because there was simply no need for them in the field or in combat.

In some places, however, this "KM Zwotausend" was actually in use and if so, then excessively ...

The paratroopers of the Bundeswehr have a witty saying:
    "The bigger the knife, the stupider the paratrooper !"
    "Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")

There was no KM2000 requested here in the forum, apart from my own posts (at least I couldn't find any other posts about "KM Zwotausend" here in the WRF).

Sure, the KM2000 is definitely also a very common surplus item in the States, but I still really like this knife because the KM2000 also has various distinguishing features.

I've given some away myself, but there are still several copies lying around in various boxes.

Here´re a few copies of these knives (I have no idea how many of these knives I still have lying around somewhere.

"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")"Kampfmesser Zwotausend" ("KM2000")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2