Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tunic help

Article about: I'm new to the forum, so hello to all, I'm after some help with the attached tunic, ignoring the poor attempts to turn this into a TR item Is it West German ? The tunic is heavy and well mad

Default Tunic help

Tunic helpTunic helpTunic helpTunic helpTunic helpTunic help

I'm new to the forum, so hello to all,

I'm after some help with the attached tunic, ignoring the poor attempts to turn this into a TR item
    Is it West German ?

The tunic is heavy and well made, the collar piping/pocket and shoulder board buttons appear to be original to the tunic the other buttons are later additions.

The inside of the tunic is devoid of pockets and no labels remain.

If this is an early West German tunic it would be nice to return to its original state.

I normally collect TR stuff but have just recently started collecting East and West German, so rather short of knowledge in this area at the moment.

Thanks in advance, Addicted

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tunic help
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. Someone should be around shortly to help you out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If the buttons are originally sewn? the underside of them will help.

The underside of the buttons that appear to be original to the tunic have no markings that I can see. the eye part is square and quite thick .

Thank you.

Hi,
    Don't know if this helps with identification but I have had a closer examination of the tunic and some bits have come to light.
    The shoulder board buttons if original have actually been moved closer to the collar, going by the old location of the button the original shoulder boards would have been quite stubby.

Also the collar fixing hook has been removed from the usual place at the base of the collar and replaced with another further up.

I also think the backing to the collar is a latter addition, not sure if to remove or not.

I don't believe the tunic is a repro and it's cut like a TR item , but what is it?

Any ideas or suggestions greatly received.

Addicted