Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unidentified Badge

Article about: Hello Guys, I picked up these two badges as part of a Trade deal and have no idea what they are, One appears to be Original and marked from Steinhaur & Luck. The other one is obviously a

?

Lightbulb unidentified Badge

Hello Guys,

I picked up these two badges as part of a Trade deal and have no idea what they are, One appears to be Original and marked from Steinhaur & Luck. The other one is obviously a Repro of the same badge. Looks like some kind of Fire service badge. I have posted photos of both, Front and Back. Can anyone enlighten me? Lew

unidentified Badge unidentified Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unidentified Badge
    P
    Many

?

A search seems to lead to a post WWII, Federal Republic of Germany Firefighter performance badge of some kind. several listed on ebay and elsewhere

German NW Firefighter Performance Badge Silver Type II. - im
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    A search seems to lead to a post WWII, Federal Republic of Germany Firefighter performance badge of some kind. several listed on ebay and elsewhere

German NW Firefighter Performance Badge Silver Type II. - im
    Yep, civilian fire brigade. NW = Nordrhein-Westfalen or North Rhein Westphalia in English which is one of the German states and includes Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Essen etc.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Many Thanks! Please, tell me your opinion as to whether the gold one might be a more current, but still Official / Original, badge and not a repro as I had assumed.

Thanks

Quote by SAMann View Post
    Many Thanks! Please, tell me your opinion as to whether the gold one might be a more current, but still Official / Original, badge and not a repro as I had assumed.

Thanks
    These are not in my field of collecting and I am simply aware of them from my time serving in Germany during which I spent many hours sifting through collector markets/fairs etc a which all kinds of uniform, insignia etc from para-military organisations as well as military are to be found amongst the militaria.

I do believe the gold badge is a lower quality and therefore probably later item as the market for these is sufficiently limited as to make forgery uneconomical.

Just my opinion you understand.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks a lot, I sort of figured that was the case, myself, S&L was still around AFTER the war, I guess, but I like the Mark on the older badge! Lew

This is the second Version of the "Feuerwehr Leistungsabzeichen" in silver und gold . NW LVF = Landersfeuerwehrverband Nordrhein-Westfalen".

www.feuerwehr-ehrenzeichen.de / BRD 31003

Regards