Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.

Article about: by oradour qotd, what you are refering to is the M35/40 look a likes, made in the 1950's known as the Model 52 ALEMÁN 35 (M52) and 53, ALEMÁN 35 (M53) worn by the BGS, the "Bundesgrenzs

Default Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.

Gents, Welcome to the sub forum on the Bundeswehr....I will moderate this new sub forum, and hope that many of you will take part in this new venture. Please post any items you have, intend to buy or if you wish to simply discuss any area within the Bundeswehr. It will be a learning curve for me, as I have only recently decided to collect Bundeswehr militaria, having had an interest in the "modern" German armed forces since my teens. It is a growing area of collecting, and hopefully we shall develop this sub forum into a good source of reference, in our usual courteous and polite way.
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, Welcome to the sub forum on the Bundeswehr....I will moderate this new sub forum, and hope that many of you will take part in this new venture. Please post any items you have, intend to buy or if you wish to simply discuss any area within the Bundeswehr. It will be a learning curve for me, as I have only recently decided to collect Bundeswehr militaria, having had an interest in the "modern" German armed forces since my teens. It is a growing area of collecting, and hopefully we shall develop this sub forum into a good source of reference, in our usual courteous and polite way.
    Prost ! Steve.
    This volume recently appeared and I can recommend it highly.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.

Thanks Oradour it will be interesting to have more info on it and learn a bit more as i have an interest in those cap in particular and it will suit more my purse (wallet) than the rest on the market.
    FB is this book is in english or only in German ?
    Thanks Gent !
    Frenchy

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Thanks Oradour it will be interesting to have more info on it and learn a bit more as i have an interest in those cap in particular and it will suit more my purse (wallet) than the rest on the market.
    FB is this book is in english or only in German ?
    Thanks Gent !
    Frenchy
    The book is in German. I do not know of a book on Bw uniforms of any value in English.

Good idea! I think it might be better to make it it's own section within the "German" section of the forums though, instead of the uniforms of the third reich section.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Good idea! I think it might be better to make it it's own section within the "German" section of the forums though, instead of the uniforms of the third reich section.
    At the risk of being highly didactic, I agree with my colleague here since the Bw has existed much longer than the Reichswehr and Wehrmacht together, and then some. It deserves pride of place, has an interesting and compelling history, and I can post lots of pictures in addition to my black foetid woolen problem.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.

Gents, thanks for your comments, sorry for my late reply (I have been on vacation), FB thanks for the book recomendation, the time frame information and accompanying photographs, your input is always welcome on my sub forums, as for the book, it is on my list and should be with me in May. As for books on the Bundeswehr in English, as FB states, at this point in time there are none, as far as I know...I rely on BRD published pamplets/brochures and periodicals on the Bundeswehr that can be snapped up cheaply on the internet auction sites, as they can give a brief snapshot into the uniform/equipment at the published time....also I will collect the series of small "Soldiers Handbooks" entitled "Der Reibert" these handbooks are, despite being in German, very informative (they have been published since 1929-1945, 1959-present day, annually)......and I try to study the German language.
    As for the sub-forums location, the "management" decided that, and if succesful, I will try to lobby for its own prime location, as FB states, it is only fair for the longer lasting Bundeswehr !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.   Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.  

Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.  

?

Great addition,

I'm not exactly sure this is bendesheer, but does anyone know where I can find a post war west German border guard helmet. WW2 style with the suspended liner???!!

Thanks in advnce

qotd, what you are refering to is the M35/40 look a likes, made in the 1950's known as the Model 52 ALEMÁN 35 (M52) and 53, ALEMÁN 35 (M53) worn by the BGS, the "Bundesgrenzshutz", the West German Border Guard service, a fellow collector friend has just bought an M52, which I examined yesterday, from E-Bay, they are available there at approx £40. The BGS was formed before the Bundeswehr, many of its men transfering to the Bundeswehr upon formation. If you wish I will photograph my friends M52 and post here. Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, thanks for your comments, sorry for my late reply (I have been on vacation), FB thanks for the book recomendation, the time frame information and accompanying photographs, your input is always welcome on my sub forums, as for the book, it is on my list and should be with me in May. As for books on the Bundeswehr in English, as FB states, at this point in time there are none, as far as I know...I rely on BRD published pamplets/brochures and periodicals on the Bundeswehr that can be snapped up cheaply on the internet auction sites, as they can give a brief snapshot into the uniform/equipment at the published time....also I will collect the series of small "Soldiers Handbooks" entitled "Der Reibert" these handbooks are, despite being in German, very informative (they have been published since 1929-1945, 1959-present day, annually)......and I try to study the German language.
    As for the sub-forums location, the "management" decided that, and if succesful, I will try to lobby for its own prime location, as FB states, it is only fair for the longer lasting Bundeswehr !
    Prost ! Steve.
    I shall write to Adrian in this connection, if you wish. There is a nice bibliography on the Bw which I am happy to share with you, to include the works in English. Podzun Verlag published a book on Bw uniforms in the early '90s, and Report Verlag did so around the time of the 50th anniversary of the Bw in 2005, and this work of Schuster is the most recent and best, but it is only for the army. The others treat the air and sea services.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-11-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast