Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

2nd LT. Helmet

Article about: Good Morning, I’d like to post this helmet first. It is an original matching set. The liner has been with the shell since the war. It’s named to a 2nd LT. Knapp(see pic). The outer liner

?

Default 2nd LT. Helmet

Good Morning, I’d like to post this helmet first. It is an original matching set. The liner has been with the shell since the war. It’s named to a 2nd LT. Knapp(see pic).
    The outer liner shows the same rust pattern as the inner shell. Both shell and liner have a butter bar on the front. The butter bar on the shell is a bit tougher to see, but it is there. The helmet itself is a fixed bale. The liner is an early high pressure liner. I was hoping someone would be able to help me find more out about Mr Knapp.

2nd LT. Helmet

2nd LT. Helmet

2nd LT. Helmet

Congratulations on a good looking set. The name is going to be very hard to research without a first name or at the least an initial to help narrow down a possible match.
    Look on the inside of the sweatband, under the liner webbing, on the helmet chinstrap basically anywhere someone would write their name. I have found over 5 names on a helmets and liners doing exactly want I just said.

Do not clean the inside of the liner.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

There are 1601 Knapps listed.. the only thing to do is trawl down the numbers!
    I’d just scan for the ‘59’ first, then cross check the rest.
    If he or she went in as an officer, the service number will have an O prefix, or A- if she was a nurse. These are pretty easy to spot..
    If it was a field promotion, it might not be so straightforward (I don’t know the procedure regarding the issue of new service numbers in such cases).

Good luck!
    Bob