Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army surplus M1 helmet

Article about: I’m heading home tomorrow and on my last day I ran upon a Army Surplus store and I picked up a early fixed loop helmet with a Korean era liner and an odd camo pattern. In the store was ano

Default Army surplus M1 helmet

I’m heading home tomorrow and on my last day I ran upon a Army Surplus store and I picked up a early fixed loop helmet with a Korean era liner and an odd camo pattern. In the store was another surprise, the price was to high for the other two helmets.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army surplus M1 helmet   Army surplus M1 helmet  

Army surplus M1 helmet   Army surplus M1 helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army surplus M1 helmet   Army surplus M1 helmet  

Army surplus M1 helmet  

Interesting camo. Do you think period correct or applied more recently? Looks like it is been on there a while. I have never seen before.
    John

Has me looking, was it USN?

I’m not sure about the camo. It possibly could be Navy or possibly post Vietnam camo. Love to hear thoughts.

Marty

Ahh the corrosion on the chin strap hardware also pointed to me USN use, when I have no idea? hows the shell's interior? out of focus shot I see it looks rusty.

More pictures

MAP
    ?

OK......a teaser shot of the SD M42 with nice liner.....did you get a price? The guys number?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    OK......a teaser shot of the SD M42 with nice liner.....did you get a price? The guys number?
    Text sent