Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!

Article about: I believe that it is a ww2 reissue shell with Korean War hardware. Dates are visible on the pictures. Thoughts are welcome, would like to know that this is authentic. Thank you in advance!

Default Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!

I believe that it is a ww2 reissue shell with Korean War hardware. Dates are visible on the pictures. Thoughts are welcome, would like to know that this is authentic. Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!   Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!  

Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!   Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!  

Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!   Finally got my Vietnam m1 helmet. Any thoughts are welcome!  

Nice set spanning 3 decades showing good service wear.

Thank you very much! I’m quite pleased with it

All of the parts are original and correct for a Vietnam era helmet and will display well. The tube band is not original but again will display well as a USMC helmet.
    To say if the helmet was “in country”, is impossible to say without a secure line of custody from the vet through many hand to you.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yeah I’m hoping to replace the band with a 68 one. I get what you mean about it being “in country” but one day you will only be able to go by the dates so it should hold its value. At least I can say that the shell has probably seen service in ww2