Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fixed Bale M1 Movie Prop

Article about: I thought worth sharing as an interesting piece of history. The helmet was purchased by Advance Guard Militaria when the movie prop house sold off the items. Pick up by a local collector at

Default Fixed Bale M1 Movie Prop

I thought worth sharing as an interesting piece of history. The helmet was purchased by Advance Guard Militaria when the movie prop house sold off the items. Pick up by a local collector at the Military show in town from Advance Guard. I am now the third owner since. Overall a nice a fixed bale helmet with evidence of original blue paint under so likely US Navy used. The liner is made by Westinghouse with snaps. The helmet was painted by the prop maker and is not original. It was nice to see they used some good items when making the movie props. Just a unique piece of history of the lid. The movie initials are stamped on the inside of the pot. SPR. The movie was Saving Private Ryan.
    John

Fixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie PropFixed Bale M1 Movie Prop

John,

A very nice prop helmet.. There are some collectors that look for these specifically.

You added a nice helmet to your collection

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

Nice pick up John I remember when SPR was all the rage and everyone who's anyone was trying to get their hands on one of these Helmets,few things to note in the movie most close ups show swivel looped helmet shells,including the Helmet worn by Tom hanks himself and most had Nam era liners so to have an actual Fixed loop shell with an original A/B type westinghouse liner with both A yokes cut just goes to show that some actual period items we're used.great find indeed well done Bud.