Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

FS/FB Schlueter

Article about: Very pleased to be able to add this front seam fixed Bail as produced by the Schlueter Manufacturing Co. to my collection they are tough to source and I have been after an example for some t

?

Default FS/FB Schlueter

Very pleased to be able to add this front seam fixed Bail as produced by the Schlueter Manufacturing Co. to my collection they are tough to source and I have been after an example for some time they were located in St. Louis Missouri production began in January of 1943 they only manufactured fixed bail M-1's for a short period of time ending in November of 1943 when they switched to swivel bails..
    Schlueter only produced 2 million helmet bodies from ( January of 1943 till the wars end in September of 1945 ) this may seam like a large number but when compared to McCords war time manufacturing numbers of twenty Million ( June of 1941 to September of 1945 ) it only accounts for approximately 10% of war time production..
    This particular example still has most of its cork finish and original wartime paint ( Hard to make out the heat stamp it is either 75 A and or 175 A ) with the proper bartacked stitched OD 3 khaki webbing chinstrap..
    It is sporting a liner as produced by Mine Safety Appliance ( MSA ) the green painted steel A-washers can help determine when the liner was manufactured as they were only used between mid 1943 to mid 1944...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FS/FB Schlueter   FS/FB Schlueter  

FS/FB Schlueter   FS/FB Schlueter  

FS/FB Schlueter  

Very nice

Stunner there Mark!

Nothing wrong with a Plain Jane. People forget I would say 80% of period pictures show GIs with this helmet right there. This was the government issue helmet. Classic and complete example. Nice job mate. Looks like 75A .... Schlueter fixed loops are around but they dont come around every day .... they were not produced for long!
    Z

PS Looks like a nice '43 set IMO. I have a similar w the MSA and Green Painted

?

Thanx Gents pleased to have this example on my shelf..

Regards Mark

I'd be proud to have it on my shelf!