Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gorgeous Green M1 Repaint

Article about: Hello everyone, I'd like to formally introduce the latest addition to my collection to this forum. It's an FS SB McCord with a real nice looking overpaint. The paint itself is what sells thi

Red face Gorgeous Green M1 Repaint

Hello everyone,

I'd like to formally introduce the latest addition to my collection to this forum. It's an FS SB McCord with a real nice looking overpaint.

The paint itself is what sells this helmet, as there are a number amazing details that make displaying it an absolute joy. You can see a number of brush strokes around the helmet, as well as ever so subtle variation in the thickness of paint. This gives the overpaint a beautiful variation in the exact shade of green!

There is also crackling present in some areas of the helmet, very pleasant and easily makes this lid a one looker.

The liner is a bit salty.

This helmet came to me named to a PFC John Bradford, who served in Europe from late 1944-45. This is word of mouth however, as the written I.D. on the interior of the helmet is far too faded to confirm.

In the future I will be able to provide photos that better capture just how great this helmet looks, but the sunlight seems to bring out its colors good enough to share with you all
    Enjoy!

Gorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 RepaintGorgeous Green M1 Repaint

You picked you a nice swivel loop helmet. The liner isn’t salty to me, that’s the way I like to see one.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td