MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet Collection

Article about: I'm new to the forum and figured I'd share my collection with the members here. I've posted many of these helmets elsewhere so some may have seen these helmets before. I've been collecting f

Well yes Nick you were most defianately bitten very hard indeed.........

Gorgeous! I could kick myself for not investing in GI steel pots back in the seventies, when they were a dime a dozen. Today, even Vietnam era helmets are sought after.

a great collection

?

A great collection! I have an M1 from the USS San Francisco as well!

Thank you! The USS San Francisco helmet is easily one of my favorites, I'm very glad that I was able to purchase one with a Hawley before the guy selling them ran out. I just wish I had saved some screen shots from the listing!

?

Excellent collection Nick,
    Very impressive for 2.5 years. You have been busy!!!

I like the grenades and bazooka rounds. Nice touch!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil! It's hard to see, but the left grenade on the top shelf in the first picture is a solid bottom, yellow body grenade that was repainted OD. The other MK II on the top shelf is a nice condition late war example that I got a steal of a deal on. I still need to pick up an original yellow body grenade at some point!

I've also got a M29 practice rifle grenade that's been stuck at a relatives place in NC ever since I picked it up from a surplus shop down there in September. It was supposed to make the drive up with them around Christmas but they ended up flying up this year. Really looking forward to eventually getting it back in hand to add to the display.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2