Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help Needed with painted 3rd Div. M1 Helmet

Article about: Hello everybody, i'm a newbie here, i need some advice on some M1 helmets that keeps on coming up on ebay and they bug me for various reasons. I ask your advice because i have no expertise n

Default Help Needed with painted 3rd Div. M1 Helmet

Hello everybody, i'm a newbie here, i need some advice on some M1 helmets that keeps on coming up on ebay and they bug me for various reasons.
    I ask your advice because i have no expertise nor pieces in my collection to compare, i have a fair knowledge on straightforward stuff regular issued stuff, but when it comes to painted divisional insignia etc... i'm lost... i've seen many of your posts on fake german helmets, the recent M40 tribute to Red Bull Division Veteran's brought back, etc... so..let's come to the subject....there's a seller on ebay that keeps putting on sale wonderful (if they were real) US helmets all divisional insignias, all in very good conditions... all going for a lot of money with great feedbacks from buyers...my brother who's alot more knowledgeable than me and a very suspicious collector says it is hard to believe one can have so many extremely good helmets like these on sale, i argue with him with different reason as to why someone could be selling his collection and so forth... so we have a dispute here and seeking other opinions here and not secondly i quote the closing lpost of member Las Vegas "just to underline any one who knowingly fakes something to decieve for monetary gain is a thief."
    Thanking anyone in advance for your opinions i await your replies...
    This is the link of the incriminated helmet
    M1 Helmet liner WWII 3rd Inf. Div.(Montecassino) ITALIA su eBay.it WW II 1939-45, Militaria, Collectibles

?

Default Re: Help Needed with painted 3rd Div. M1 Helmet

this seller has been discussed on another forum & has been shown to be a serial faker this one he has on sale at the moment is a very obvious fake you can tell this by just looking at the so called aging on it, it's very bad indeed & the reason he's got good feed back either the buyer knows is a fake but is still willing to buy it for their display or they're new to collecting & haven't realized that they're fake yet either way stay well away form this seller if you wish to save your money !!!

Quote by NickD View Post
    this seller has been discussed on another forum & has been shown to be a serial faker this one he has on sale at the moment is a very obvious fake you can tell this by just looking at the so called aging on it, it's very bad indeed & the reason he's got good feed back either the buyer knows is a fake but is still willing to buy it for their display or they're new to collecting & haven't realized that they're fake yet either way stay well away form this seller if you wish to save your money !!!
    NickD is 100% correct.I do not buy any helmets on E-bay.If you are looking for original helmets there is good militaria website out there.

mate, don't shop on ebay, i'm new to collecting and i already know ebay is not good for collecting stuff as mosto f the stuff can be fake. If you know any antique shops near you, go to them, or even post stuff on the forums for stuff you want (shame i can't buy stuff on forums yet as i am only 16 and don't have a credit card/paypal yet)

Thank you very much for your replies, very kind of you.
    Paolo