Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War Chaplain helmet

Article about: A wonderful McCord front seam swivel loop Korean War repaint Chaplain helmet and Capac liner. Both the helmet and liner have painted crosses and both have the word Chaplain painted on the in

Default Korean War Chaplain helmet

A wonderful McCord front seam swivel loop Korean War repaint Chaplain helmet and Capac liner. Both the helmet and liner have painted crosses and both have the word Chaplain painted on the inside. The liner has the name John Kadash painted over along with another writing US……..? But can’t make it out.
    The helmet was found in an antique store in Arkansas and I am still tracking down any history from the dealer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War Chaplain helmet   Korean War Chaplain helmet  

Korean War Chaplain helmet   Korean War Chaplain helmet  

Korean War Chaplain helmet   Korean War Chaplain helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Another beauty TD. John Kadash has written his military ID under his name in yellow. His dogtag begins US.... I'm unable to make out the number.

A very nice lid. Chaplain stuff is very difficult to find. I would love to have a WW2 era set.
    John

I too thought the US was a service number but it’s believed by myself and others to letters. I believe the US before the service number came later than the service of the helmet. It’s a mystery but I’m not ruling out anything.
    I will say that one of the markings does look like a 8 but it’s very hard to make anything out conclusively.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War Chaplain helmet  

Thank you John. Chaplain helmets are hard to come by and they’re just a few of us that mainly collect Chaplain items.

MAP
    ?

Another great find Marty. You certainly do sniff these rare gem out!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Michael. It helps when people are looking out for you.