Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Liner with wierd features

Article about: Hi! I recently bought a liner that i thought was a euroclone but cheap. Once it arrived it was a MSA liner (scoore). Could someone pleas read me in on the numbers on the nape strap, the gree

Default Liner with wierd features

Hi! I recently bought a liner that i thought was a euroclone but cheap. Once it arrived it was a MSA liner (scoore). Could someone pleas read me in on the numbers on the nape strap, the green hardwear holding the webbing and if anyone have seen the leather "chinstrap" thing before? I know Sweden used M1ś in the 60s in Congo but thoose liner were UN blue and said UNO. I have also seen OPforce in the 80s during exercises using liners. It could be that someone just put the old swedish decals on it "for fun" or im missing something. Anyhow all info is appreciated
    Cheers

A photograph would be helpfull.

Hello Swehelm.

Here is a link on how to upload your photos -

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Kind regards,

Will.

Default ...

Yeah i know i messed up the pics.. sorry. print on nape says W11 009 QM 16674 S.M.C MEDIUM. Liner with wierd featuresLiner with wierd featuresLiner with wierd featuresLiner with wierd featuresLiner with wierd features

Nice score. Looks to be wartime production. Check markings on the leather chinstrap rivets - if it's United Carr, then it's WWII manufacture too.
    Added thing is not original US issue. Probably added by Swedish user

Thanks, i tought so too! Will check the rivets when i get back home. Yes, i figured the additional learher has been added here. Perhaps because the liners often seem to have been worn as a "helmet" Without the shell, and the leather strap served as a chinstrap rader than to hold the liner in the shell.

Had a look today, Im pleased to say leather chinstrap and all the webbing have "United carr" on the rivets. Anyone have any ideas about the W11 009 QM 16674 stamp on the nape?
    Cheers

It's the number of the contract under which it was made for the Army by Scovill Manufacturing Co.

Okay, thanks! Theese numbers, since they are allways on the nape strap, is the contract for the nape only or do they mean the intire webbing?

Check sweatband. It is probably stamped with separate contract - on the longer, loose part of fabric (not on the buckle side).