Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 ETO Officer relic?

Article about: Hi folks, I kinda love these things. Doesn't always have to be a near mint M1. This one caught my attention, showing the remains of what could have been a follow me bar on the rear. Also fro

Default M1 ETO Officer relic?

Hi folks,

I kinda love these things. Doesn't always have to be a near mint M1.
    This one caught my attention, showing the remains of what could have been a follow me bar on the rear.
    Also front and right side show remains of white paint.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks for any given info.

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 ETO Officer relic?   M1 ETO Officer relic?  

M1 ETO Officer relic?   M1 ETO Officer relic?  

45 views now and not one opinion?.... good thing I'm not selling! Com'on guys!

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice relic. Congrats

Hard to see the painted parts in detail. Decals and paint are always difficult to confirm on relics without having them in hand. But I see no visible red flags.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the reply! Appreciated!

I added the supposed stripe in more detail. Since I do not have any reference in the house, I wouldn't know if genuine old paint looks like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 ETO Officer relic?  

MAP
    ?

It is interesting in that it appears to look like captains bars. (Two lines). Something I haven't seen before. I've only seen single bars. The paint however looks convincing although it appears to have paint going much further up on the right

Let's see what others say

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP,
    The paint detail is of the back of the helmet, as in 3rd and 4th photo from the top. what could be a remain of a follow me stripe.
    Front and side of the helmet also have white paint remains but no shape can be distinguished there.

Peter

I think pictures taken in daylight might show this relic more effectively.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BlackBox View Post
    Thanks MAP,
    The paint detail is of the back of the helmet, as in 3rd and 4th photo from the top. what could be a remain of a follow me stripe.
    Front and side of the helmet also have white paint remains but no shape can be distinguished there.

Peter
    yes. I was looking at the leader bar in the back. It looks convincing but still a unique two bar design. As noted however there appears to be additional specks/remnants of paint above the leader bar though.

Agree, outside photos might help

And hopefully others will be around to opine e as well.

Goodday guys,

Relaunching this topic.
    As requested I've added some outside pictures, asking your experts opinions.

CO bar remains or not.. that is the question!

All input appreciated!

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 ETO Officer relic?   M1 ETO Officer relic?  

It looks like a single leadership stripe to me.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast