Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Front Seam Fixed Bale Painted Helmet w/ Net, 2nd ID WWII

Article about: I collect mostly German helmets, but have a fair number of U.S. helmets, including several 2nd ID pots. This one is the best. It has the painted 2nd ID insignia, the original unmarked liner,

Beautiful, really nice to know these are still out there, this would grace any collection .

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I collect mostly German helmets, but have a fair number of U.S. helmets, including several 2nd ID pots. This one is the best. It has the painted 2nd ID insignia, the original unmarked liner, and the net that has been on it since the War. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Second to None!
    I love it

I know this topic is old but I recently acquired a 2nd ID front seam, fixed loop shell with the painted insignia partially covered. I'm trying to determine if there was an official standard as to the size these painted insignia should be. Mine is roughly 3x3

M1 Front Seam Fixed Bale Painted Helmet w/ Net, 2nd ID  WWIIM1 Front Seam Fixed Bale Painted Helmet w/ Net, 2nd ID  WWII

Nice one! I picked up a helmet with the Indian Head obviously removed from the shell at a show 7 or 8 years ago. When I took the liner out I was pleasantly surprised to find the decal remained on it! I will post it when I pull that box out of storage. Jim G.

?

Now that one is a eye catcher Jim!!!

Congrats on owning that Great looking M1

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Nice one! I picked up a helmet with the Indian Head obviously removed from the shell at a show 7 or 8 years ago. When I took the liner out I was pleasantly surprised to find the decal remained on it! I will post it when I pull that box out of storage. Jim G.
    We have a mutual friend, Z. He actually told me to reach out to you to compare decals but your private message inbox was full.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2