Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet

Article about: I got this helmet at an antique mall. Would this have been used in WWII or Korea or just surplus? Thanks John

Thumbs up M1 Helmet

I got this helmet at an antique mall. Would this have been used in WWII or Korea or just surplus?
    Thanks
    John

M1 HelmetM1 HelmetM1 HelmetM1 Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

To me it looks like Vietnam era paint and put together liner but more experienced members opinions will prevail.
    John

Looks like the Steel Pot is late 60s - 80s. I dont collect post war but if you research stamps (there's a thread below this one to tell you the maker ... I dont really pay attention). Perhaps RJ stampings or Parish. The liner looks to be earlier like a be a KW Era liner. Maybe some closeup of the maker stamp inside the liner would be helpful. (like a cross that says "capac" or sonething like that?). I may see something hiding under the webbing there.
    Z

The helmet seam is much wider than usually seen on WW2 helmets. The liner is 1960s plus era as already said.

Hello,

the liner is a pattern 1964. Was produced from 1964 until 1972.

The shell looks like a product from RJ Stampings 1970-1977.

Regards

Thanks for yall's help
    John

stop .. i was wrong.

The liner is an earlier pattern from Capac / Westinghouse. It was produced 1951/1952 until 1956. The tapes are made of HBT.