MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet identification help please

Article about: Good day, Could I please ask for some help identifying this M1? I cannot see a heat stamp and the spot welds for the rim have been hidden. It seems to have a cork texture that has been repai

?

Default M1 helmet identification help please

Good day,

Could I please ask for some help identifying this M1?

I cannot see a heat stamp and the spot welds for the rim have been hidden. It seems to have a cork texture that has been repainted and possibly cleaned back internally.

It fits a Second World War liner,but the swivels are made from brass. It is higher domed than my McCord shell.

Any help greatly received.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet identification help please   M1 helmet identification help please  

M1 helmet identification help please   M1 helmet identification help please  

M1 helmet identification help please   M1 helmet identification help please  

M1 helmet identification help please  

I don’t believe it a US M1 helmet
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thank you. Does anyone know which country it may be from?

?

I just realised the snap fastener did not appear on OP. It is marked RAU Co(?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet identification help please  

I think it’s a US lid. Probably used in 60s/70s. Repainted even more recently than that. I assume you can’t see a stamp because it was repainted ? I think those straps are US and the way the middle tongue is welded and folded under the side pieces on the swivels…. Instead of folded over on top in the middle as most Euroclones are. Is it a front seam? Rear seam. Can’t really tell from these photos.
    Z