Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Helmet opinions

Article about: Hoovie, Mysons, and OB, thank you very much for the info. Youve been more than helpful on this. Good to know its a Schleuter shell, and all the other details are helpful as well. Youre right

?

Default Re: M1 Helmet opinions

Hoovie, Mysons, and OB, thank you very much for the info. Youve been more than helpful on this. Good to know its a Schleuter shell, and all the other details are helpful as well. Youre right OB, I need to find a Mitchell cover for it now. One day we will be the "wisemen" OB, one day !! haha

I have a relic front seam M-1, so it should have been made between July 1941 and October 1943. I always understood this was the case, and kept an eye open for these early lids.

But it also has a rusty, non-magnetic rim, apparently same metal as the shell (Hadfields/manganese?) which was introduced in October 1944.

Can someone sort this out for me before I go nuts?

Thanks, guys.

Pat

majority of m1 helmets from WW2 were reused and recommissioned in the Korean and Vietnam War, so yes technically the steel pot is a WW2 pot, but was reused in NAM. all they do is respray and is put back into the war effort.

Was in South Dakota, this past weeke and snaked me a nice little Vientnam era shell for 15 bucks. Threw it in a box and mailed back to me, should be here in a few days. Actually, I grabbed it up only because I was in need of a good chin strap for the M1 my kid has on the shelf now, but after holding it, I think we're gonna keep find a liner to mate it with and keep it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2