Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 mash up?

Article about: Here is an M1 that I received a long time ago from a friend in the US who's Father ran a military vehicle parts supply business. I know it was used when attending MV events but I only recent

Do you have pictures of the helmet in better lighting? I like the liner.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hope these might help.

Face On:
    M1 mash up?

Profile:
    M1 mash up?

Interior:
    M1 mash up?

Damn hard to tell what era the paint is ... I still say Def Post War with the straps ETC and the multiple overpaints. Look how different your new pics look compared to your Photo #2 in this thread. So hard to photograph these Anywho another headscratcher for me is the rim weld marks so prominently on the OUTSIDE of the shell. I havent seen a McCord with that before. Hmm
    Z

I'm sure the paint is definitely after 1945, but I'm not sure what date the helmet is. Knowing it came from the USA I'd always assumed it was American, but it might not be.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I'm sure the paint is definitely after 1945, but I'm not sure what date the helmet is. Knowing it came from the USA I'd always assumed it was American, but it might not be.
    Good point.

I found a French Medic post war painted Helmet in an Antique shop in Brooklyn USA the other day. 50s or 60s. Was cool but not my thing. But it ended up here
    Z

I’m going with Schlueter with odd crimp markings.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I’m going with Schlueter with odd crimp markings.
    Thank you, that convinces me that it can stay together as it is. Might be tempted to see if I could uncover the heat stamp on the inside, or do you think it's best left?

Don’t uncover it, it is what it is...history. Most Schlueter’s will have a S with the heat stamp not always but most do. Look for the S and if you have any chalked or any powder(baby,gold bond, etc) you can rub it into the heat stamp area and see if it make it easier to read.

Ok, I will leave it as is. I've got other Schlueter lids in my collection, but this one is the only one with comparatively fresh paintwork.

Dumb Aussie post
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-27-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: added pic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast