Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet

Article about: Hello, After the SSH-39 was a complete scam this one arrived today Found ist on Ebay for 70€ A Complete M1 complete with Liner and Chinstrap(the Leather one too) The Liner Made by Fireston

Default M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet

Hello,
    this wonderful one arrived today
    Found ist on Ebay for 70€
    A Complete M1 complete with Liner and Chinstrap(the Leather one too)
    The Liner Made by Firestone and seem to be in Good condition
    The shell painted in the correct Cork pattern colour and the insigna seems good IMO
    The Webstrap is the later one made from OD7 coloured Material and sewed on the bail without the clip
    In the Liner the remainings of a name are visible: Jose… Walk…. And a number 5322631..B
    Seem to be the wearer during the war or korea
    The Shell is a Mccord Radiator with the number 1080, a very Late one
    Is ist a good one?
    BR and a wonderful weekend
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet   M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet  

M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet   M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet  

M1 Sergeant First class WW2 helmet  

That's a giveaway for that price however the J hook was introduced late war and we're issued in boxes to refurb depots so quite possible thats original wartime added however the green painted steel buckle is from the 1950's production run between 51-58.so someone has added that but apart from that everything is good and usually the leather chinstrap alone costs the price you paid for the whole set,well done and good solid purchase..

The finish looks more like sand than cork to me. With cork paint the ‘specks’ are larger and the space between them greater. It’s hard to describe, but anyone who’s seen cork finish on an M1 (or indeed on any other type of helmet) will know what I’m taking about.

B.B.

I agree with BB on the sand finish. Still a nice lid for a great price and makes sense for use in Korea.
    John

Hello, thank you all for the comments
    A complete Korean war helmet was a complete surprise for me, but it have a place on the shelf next to the Ventless M42 helmet
    BR
    Bavarian

After looking closely looks like it's been through a refurb depot that is indeed heavy cilca sand applied in heavy clumps and usually falls off,but the shell is a ww2 McCord front seamed with Stainless Rim and Stainless steel swivel loops,good eye B.B I was rushing when i wrote the comment Lol.still a good catch some EU sites are charging 200plus Euro's just for the liner alone.
    The texturing is so heavy it's actually difficult to even see the seam.

Nice post war lid and good eye snagging this for a decent price!
    Z

Hi there,

the overpainted helmet with a moss camouflage finish and the chinstrap with olive-green metal parts suggest that it was used in the 1960s.

Inner helmets from WW2 production were partially used until the 1980s. Has it also been painted over?

Regards