Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Vietnam helmet. Authentic?

Article about: Planning on buying this m1. Just wanted to ask if the multiple different dates on the components meant that someone has just mashed them together to make a “Vietnam” helmet? Seller says

Default M1 Vietnam helmet. Authentic?

Planning on buying this m1. Just wanted to ask if the multiple different dates on the components meant that someone has just mashed them together to make a “Vietnam” helmet?
    Seller says that the lighter is not from the era which I don’t mind. Please see description photo from the seller.
    My other concern was that it looks too new?
    Also not sure what date the actual shell is from.
    Any info on this helmet would be much appreciated as I am new to collecting! Thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Vietnam helmet. Authentic?   M1 Vietnam helmet. Authentic?  

M1 Vietnam helmet. Authentic?   M1 Vietnam helmet. Authentic?  

It all look's good

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I am no expert on helmets, but if your concern is that there are different dates on the components, I would not be bothered by that. When I was in the army we used M1 helmets. I did not go to supply and draw a complete helmet when assigned to a unit. I drew a pot, a liner, camo cover, etc. and assembled them to make a helmet. When leaving a unit and turning equipment back in to supply, helmets were dissassembled and the various components stored separately. No effort was made to keep components of the same date together.