Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1C PARATROOPER'S HELMET WITH 506th P.I.R. INSIGNIA

Article about: hi friends i am new in this forum. I'm Italian and I write in English to make sure that everyone reads. Today I was traveling and my friend told me he was going to finish a rod on a known au

ruddersrangers44 excuse me, in conclusion. the interior That is also described in the site that is reassembled, you agree with me That Also the outside of the helmet is fake?

Well i visited the site as suggested by you.!strange how much i wrote was in that auction listing.!
    A-leather chinstrap and sweatband modern.!!!
    B-no Battalion tick.!!!
    C-Inland Liner i doubt it.!!!
    Liner is a put together.
    fake 506 spade as there almost impossible to find,almost like finding the holy grail itself.

$200 max purely as a close representative of an orignal.

thank u so much . I hope now. that these gentlemen eliminate me the article. as my friend also sent me an email in which he asked if the shell of the helmet and some internal parts are original. but from them there was no answer

he asked if the shell of the helmet and some internal parts are original. but from them there was no answer[/QUOTE]

No surprise there as they know there selling crap,yet another dealer that can't stand behind there guarantee.!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    M1C shells had mostly OD shade no7 not sure what colour those straps are meant to be?no double rowed stitiching at the loops,stitiching is differant colour to webbing and poorly stitiched?any 101st unit marked helmets are exceptionally rare,apart from the odd example lying around in a small Normandy museum or french farmhouse,nearly half the 20 million shells that were produced during ww2 were destroyed during the en-masse of 1945,including nearly all marked airborne helmets,as they were not allowed to return stateside without being painted over.the few surviving originals usual carry a tick at 1 o'clock through to 12 o'clock indicating what Battalion and so on,the paint looks quite fresh,and the spade is big compared to originals,the liner looks to have unpainted steel A washers which would make it an Inland Liner which are rare and sell between $1500-$3000,but i doubt it is an Inland,more like another maker been altered to decieve,i of coarse could be talking total s...,i personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole,plus the sweatband and russet leather chinstrap show no age whatsoever to them,bare in mind there 70 years old.
    You said that all in one breath jake
    Last edited by Redstalker; 03-14-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    You that all in one breath jake
    Well i do waffle on a tad.! Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2