Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My helmet M1 medic

Article about: I ask your kind opinion on my helmet M1 with friezes Red Cross. The shell is a front seam, fixed bail, lot nr. 112A that, for a McCord, dates back to March 1942. The exterior features four f

Default My helmet M1 medic

I ask your kind opinion on my helmet M1 with friezes Red Cross. The shell is a front seam, fixed bail, lot nr. 112A that, for a McCord, dates back to March 1942. The exterior features four friezes of the Red Cross edged in black with a diameter of about 6 cm (smaller than usual to make it harder to detect by the enemy?).
    The liner is branded "Inland 49" fiber, with rayon headband type Hawley (transitional?) And on a piece of hemp is written the number B-48621. A-steel washers of the first type. Chinstrap liner and headband with bushes "United Carr". I found any picture on the web, dated October 6, 1944, entitled: "A US medic tends Germans on the Italian front". Giovanni
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My helmet M1 medic   My helmet M1 medic  

My helmet M1 medic   My helmet M1 medic  

Again same characteristics as the other post,cheap added markings to increase potential value,all original set again ruined......

I did check the helmet by experts and with ultraviolet light, helmet with expertise. then everything can be ...

Again the shell is very pitted which may of suggested ground dug or somewhere exposed to rain/whether etc,so how could markings last so well when compared to the steel ageing?.................

The wear of both the crosses and the black circle doesn't seem to match with the general wear of the rest of the helmet.

bs meter hitting the red... scratches inside the shell, why? Every picture shows obvious, merciless, tampering of an original.