Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need help locating Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Liner Nape strap buckles.

Article about: Hi, I have a number of Original M1 Helmets with post 1964 Liners - asterix type webbing and three point nape strap with buckles adjustment. Can anyone help with locating a supplier of the th

Default Need help locating Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Liner Nape strap buckles.

Hi,

I have a number of Original M1 Helmets with post 1964 Liners - asterix type webbing and three point nape strap with buckles adjustment.

Can anyone help with locating a supplier of the three point nape strap buckles (Post 1964 M1 Helmet Liner) ?
    the Nape Straps are easy to find - either reproduction or old stock originals but the buckles to adjust the nape are not.

Greatly appreciate any help or advice given.

Have attached pictures of the Nape Strap Buckles from a liner - my Liner is a repro green plastic which I am using for practice before restoring the original liner which I bought in 1980 which has "17 Dec 1965" printed on the liner webbingNeed help locating Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Liner Nape strap buckles.Need help locating Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Liner Nape strap buckles.Need help locating Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Liner Nape strap buckles.Need help locating Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Liner Nape strap buckles.

Ebay??

without a doubt try contacting joshua Murray at J Murray 1944 he's the biggest supplier of M1 parts both original and reproduction,he buys liner's in bulk and i'm sure he'll be able to help you with your requirements.

Hi Jimmy907,

Yes, that was my first thought after a general search on google but unfortunatelty, nothing close - even non-military webbing strap buckles except toothed 15mm'ish width ladder buckles but no way to attach them to the helmet liner.

Regards,

conradvfr750

Hi ruddersrangers44,

Thank you for your post.

J Murrays Inc is one of the best suppliers of M1 Helmet parts for the private collector and many other types of purchaser of M1 Helmets and parts. I purchased webbing, chin straps, sweatbands, rivets and rivet washers from Joshua recently and in the past and his website is also an excellent source of information. I'm not trying to promote his business but just stating my opinion - the items I purchased recently were excellent.

Having said that, I asked for his help on the nape strap buckles but unfortunatelty, he does not sell them. It maybe that there just isn't the demand for them. Reproduction M1 Helmets only seem to have the WWII style webbing with press stud nape strap and not the three point adjustable version as fitted to the 1964 and later, versions.

Thanks again.

Regards,

conradvfr750

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    without a doubt try contacting joshua Murray at J Murray 1944 he's the biggest supplier of M1 parts both original and reproduction,he buys liner's in bulk and i'm sure he'll be able to help you with your requirements.
    I agree with Jake here, I have been pleasantly surprised by their inventory in the past. You might not get what you need first time but it pays to keep looking. They supply rivest etc too so it might be viable to try and get a scrap liner from them as a donor.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Being realistic if the need for these Nape buckles is a must then just source a liner that doesn't have any interior especially a nylon type from the 80's as all Buckles are identical,at least then you have three of them,other than that and what's already been said i can't think of any other avenues to go down.personally i'd just buy a liner,needs must etc.