Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Post-WWII McCord heat stamps.

Article about: Hi all, Is there information available on how to distinguish McCord heat stamps from the 1951-1958 and 1965 contracts (NOT WWII). I have two with heat stamps: M 189 A M 307 B Are these both

Default Post-WWII McCord heat stamps.

Hi all,

Is there information available on how to distinguish McCord heat stamps from the 1951-1958 and 1965 contracts (NOT WWII). I have two with heat stamps:

M 189 A
    M 307 B

Are these both from the 1950s contracts? If so, what do McCord 1965 heat stamps look like?

Is there some sort of chart available with heat stamps and production dates?

Many thanks in advance!

All the best,
    Rob.

I have thanks! Both really useful and interesting threads. I'm glad there is info like this out there but it is a bit fragmented and I can't say there is a whole lot of consensus on certain topics either. WWII M-1s seem so much more straightforward compared to post-WWII stuff!

Totally agree with you there Rob.only one post war book written and that's over 20 years ago.I think the 65 McCord Heat numbers and what a Pat-Ric Liner mold mark looks like will always be my two most unanswered questions.

Some more info over here now: Post-WWII McCord heat stamps - M-1; M-1C & M-2 HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

I believe the approach taken here is similar to WWII heat stamp analysis. I think the findings are mainly based on observation of patterns and conjecture but they make for interesting reading nonetheless. It perhaps offers a way to roughly date post-WWII McCord shells but the lack of accessible primary source / archival information will mean these are informed hypothesis at best.