Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.

Article about: Nice representation of a typical Infantry Helmet issued during the Vietnam war. All parts are dated to the 1960's except the shell which is a McCord produced most likely from the 50's produc

Default Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.

Nice representation of a typical Infantry Helmet issued during the Vietnam war.
    All parts are dated to the 1960's except the shell which is a McCord produced most likely from the 50's production run and had replacement chinstrap hardware.couple of things to note the Mitchell cover which is from an unknown government contractor produced between 1964-66 carries deep flaps so no need for cuts to fit the chinstraps through also the end buckle on the chinsrap is actually Brass which is seldom seen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.   Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.  

Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.   Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.  

Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.   Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.  

Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.  

Nice helmet!

Although I primarily collect combat knives, I am also interested in the Vietnam War.
    That's why I bought quite a few bayonets from this era for my collection.

Yesterday I unpacked my first "Vietnam helmet" which I got from a collector in England.
    He originally bought the helmet in the States.

I will even get a second helmet from the same man in the coming days, the man also bought this helmet years ago in the States.

It seems that this man is liquidating his collection because he also had an US M1 helmet from the Vietnam era in the paratrooper version for sale, but this helmet was sold immediately, unfortunately I was too late...

What a lovely example Jake, so iconic these M1s thanks for sharing & thanks for the links Reibert, this era is also an interest for me, I'm currently reading Max Hastings book to get a detailed understanding on the whole conflict
    Cheers
    Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    ... thanks for the links Reibert, this era is also an interest for me, I'm currently reading Max Hastings book to get a detailed understanding on the whole conflict
    Cheers
    Paul
    Paul, try to get hold of this series of books, I can highly recommend you on the subject!
    I got these books in the Netherlands in the 80's.

"The Vietnam Experience" Boston Publishing Company Boston, MA

Amazon.com
    Amazon.com
    Boston Publishing presents: The Vietnam Experience | StratComm Inc

Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.Textbook vietnam grounds troop steel combat helmet.

Wow......I will bookmark those for the future Reibert, thanks mate !
    Paul

Maybe from interest ?

Steel Pot NAM