Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

US M1 WW2 production? With Vietnam Cameo Cover.

Article about: Hello Forum! Picked this M1 up on a flea Market today, it has a Vietnam Area Cover but the shell is a front seam so I think the shell is WW2 produced. Could you tell me more about the liner,

Thank you very much! The majority confirms its sand. I also think it was repainted, as it has some, rather big, dents, but no paint chipped off on these areas, so i guess these are pre-repaint. And suggest possible WW2 use.

It is dangerous to base facts on a majority decision. You have the helmet with you. Try to scratch one of the small grains to be sure.

I stand corrected

Rene, not sure what you meant by your reply to mine?

I would not try to scratch a grain out. You will just end up messing with the finish, which at the moment is very nicely intact. Leave it as is. It's a nice 70's-80's era pot.

Hunt

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Also the rough texture seems to be cork, not sand... Better pics would be needed to be sure.
    IMO definately NOT cork. The two look very different whether worn or militaria

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4