Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USMC M1 For Review!

Article about: by AZPhil Very Nice helmet! That guy's man cave has an AWESOME selection of Marine Corps Blouse's!!!!! That is just Outstanding!!!! Thanks for the kind words! His man cave was awesome... it

Default Re: USMC M1 For Review!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice helmet!
    That guy's man cave has an AWESOME selection of Marine Corps Blouse's!!!!!
    That is just Outstanding!!!!
    Thanks for the kind words!

His man cave was awesome... it was like: "Walmart for USGI head gear, 1941-Present". He had soooo many USMC, SeaBee, USN and PT Boat crew dress uniforms. Most all of the dress uniforms he has are complete and are painstakingly researched. He showed me one USMC dress uniform that belonged to a Pvt. that was on Okinawa. He then took a binder off his shelf and showed me all of that Marine's military documents... he even had a USMC medical document that showed where that marine was wounded on a diagram of a human body. He then flipped some of the pages and showed me post-war pictures of the marine just prior to when he passed away. It was an amazing experience!

Visiting this gentleman's man cave really put things into perspective for me... Right now, I don't think I could let any of the top pieces of my collection go. He on the other hand, has decided that it is time for everything to go and he has posted it all up for sale on ebay and craigslist. It just goes to show you that as life goes on, priorities change!

Yum ! - What a huge collection of USMC tunics and helmets. Dedicated or what.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm super excited to have these new lids. I couldn't resist:

USMC M1 For Review!USMC M1 For Review!

I'll have to transfer this pic to the 'Game Face' thread.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'll have to transfer this pic to the 'Game Face' thread.........!
    I should have added a cigar! Also, notice the Japanese prayer flag in the background lol

I might as well add this one:

USMC M1 For Review!

Nice score with the helmets and I love the helmet covers! That is one focused collection your friend has, I admire anyone that does that. I don't have the discipline to focus collecting one type of item! Cheers, Robert

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    Nice score with the helmets and I love the helmet covers! That is one focused collection your friend has, I admire anyone that does that. I don't have the discipline to focus collecting one type of item! Cheers, Robert
    Thanks Robert! It really was a great experience being able to view his collection. I got two nice helmets out of it, too!

Very COOL! Could you find out how he does his research it could be beneficially to people trying to research GIs, like myself. Thanks - Nick K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2