Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet

Article about: I know you are tired of another Ch. Helmet but I picked up a Vietnam era helmet with a large painted cross. First Vietnam one for me with a large cross. I added a liner a leather chinstrap.

Default Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet

I know you are tired of another Ch. Helmet but I picked up a Vietnam era helmet with a large painted cross. First Vietnam one for me with a large cross. I added a liner a leather chinstrap.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet   Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet  

Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet   Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet  

Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet   Vietnam chaplain m1 helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice to see wartime shell still giving good service life well into the 60's Marty,does it have a KW liner or P55? your be known as the "wall O Chaplain Helmets".good score bud......

I hope you don't mind me saying, but to me, the cross looks as though it has been rubbed down to fade it.

Cheers,
    Steve

Chaplain helmets are very rare. I have only handled one original WW2 example. Thanks for showing.
    John

I agree with what Steve has said above. The cross does appear to have been rubbed as can be seen by the small multiple one directional lines that are only apparent within the boundaries of the cross.Also, if you look at the texture within the cross area, the high points are dark and missing their white paint as opposed to that outside and under the green paint. Period/post war? Who can say.

Thank you for the Critique of the cross. That’s why I try to remember to include a close up of painted crosses. I’m not sure why it’s lighter but I did notice that. If I had any history on it I could speculate a little more.The crosses on combat lids were Smaller so as not to draw attention. This cross was deliberately lightened and I did have another Chaplain helmet collector look at it and he said it looks good.
    I do like good dialogue and critiquing of Helmets and I’m not offended when opinions are offered.

Jake,
    It did not have a liner. I added one and that why I didn’t show it.

Marty