Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam era Captains Helmet with Provenance

Article about: This was the second helmet I ever got, this one also when I was 16. Vietnam era captains helmet with the rank stitched on the camo cover. It belonged to Captain Frank Gerber who was an army

Default Vietnam era Captains Helmet with Provenance

This was the second helmet I ever got, this one also when I was 16. Vietnam era captains helmet with the rank stitched on the camo cover. It belonged to Captain Frank Gerber who was an army captain, and Colonial in the Colorado National Guard. He was a Chaplin and Catholic Priest and i have a photo of him and a copy of a book he wrote about the Catholic church in his county. He actually recently died within the last couple of years. I was wondering the value of this helmet as it is very rare considering I have only seen 2 others during the time I have collected. It is in almost mint condition with a tad of fading to the camo cover and a rip on part of the lining. All info appreciated.
    Vietnam era Captains Helmet with ProvenanceVietnam era Captains Helmet with ProvenanceVietnam era Captains Helmet with ProvenanceVietnam era Captains Helmet with ProvenanceVietnam era Captains Helmet with Provenance

Awesome pot and camo, I'm starting to collected lids and this came up on images.. very nice

You have a super clean late Vietnam era helmet, that would fit in well with a Vietnam collection. From the condition it’s doesn’t look like he went overseas or if he did he did not go in the field. We don’t give appraisals on the forum but I have seen ones like this go in the 100-200 range.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td