Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam Era M1 with Cover

Article about: Not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread but I just got this Vietnam era M1 helmet from a buddy of mine that served in Vietnam. This was NOT his helmet, but he said he picke

Default Vietnam Era M1 with Cover

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread but I just got this Vietnam era M1 helmet from a buddy of mine that served in Vietnam. This was NOT his helmet, but he said he picked it up sometime after the war. I'm pretty baffled with this one as the camo cover has "The few, the proud, the marines" written onto it. I figured this slogan was created after the war but perhaps I'm mistaken. The liner looks different to me as well, maybe airborne? There is an anchor stamped into one of the clasps, while the camo liner band is inscribed with the words "Go Army".

I'm assuming this helmet has been put together with various, mis-matched pieces as I'm assuming the camo cover, liner, and camo band did not all go together originally. Any information or advice on this would be much appreciated!

Vietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with CoverVietnam Era M1 with Cover

MAP
    ?

I know very little about M1's. Especially post war. Ruddersrangers44, Jame C and others are your men for solid feedback.

That said, It seems to match up fairly well compared to mine. Compare with the link below.

M1 - Vietnam Era?

Funny that the strap say's "Go Army" but the cover is all Marines LoL

Edit: Well...I stand correct based on Marty's comment. Back to my hole...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The helmet is a put together helmet. The slogan I believe did not appear until the late 70's around 77' I believe and the Vietnam war ended in 75. The helmet is worth the sum of the parts.
    Did you buy the helmet?
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The helmet is a put together helmet. The slogan I believe did not appear until the late 70's around 77' I believe and the Vietnam war ended in 75. The helmet is worth the sum of the parts.
    Did you buy the helmet?
    Marty
    Marty,

I wasn't so focused on the cover, they can and are swapped out all the time. But how about the liner and shell? Are they Vietnam era?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The shell and liner look to be vietnam era.

MAP
    ?

The shell and liner look to be vietnam era.
    Thanks Marty. That is what I thought. But wasn't sure.

The helmet was made by McCord in the 50's but the finish on the helmet looks to be vietnam era.

Did you buy the helmet?
    Marty
    Thank yall both for the info! He gave me the helmet and in return I'm going to help him find some Vietnam era jungle boots and a jacket, shirt, fatigue, etc since he lost most of his stuff

this is still a nice set. i like the 69 dated cover.

The liner might be dated on the webbing at one of the temples, facing outward. A 1969 dated ERDL cover isn't common at all either. I agree it most likely is a put-together but it seems all the parts are Vietnam-era; not a bad helmet at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast