Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Shell

Article about: I was given this M1 shell a while back and didn't have the time to research it then, other than the fact that it was post-WWII. I was going through one of my storage boxes and came across it

Yep basically just a case of waiting really,there's a few on US ebay but seem all to be rusted out,plus avoid early Infantry p55 like the link above only because you would then also need a leather chinstrap which is extra cost,even the neoprene bands ain't cheap.Shame as i'm in the UK as got one spare just sitting around...............

Hello,

the two liners fit very well.

You get the missing parts quite often.

US M1 Parachutist Paratrooper Helmet Liner W/ Chinstrap | eBay
    Perfect even has sweatband and chincup too so drop it in and your good to go.

Thank you all so much! Unless I can get that one sweatband-less A/B liner cheap, I think I will play the wait-and-see game. Eventually, assuming I can get all the pieces together, I'll post the finished project. This has been fun...even without purchasing any of the parts yet. I've never tried to put a piece back together before like this. I can see how this subset of collecting can be addictive.

ruddersrangers44 - Even though I'm not in the UK, I appreciate the sentiment about the spare. So, thank you. I'm sure some other poor sap will be in my shoes one day (in the UK).

Politefaun, tank destroyer, Sleepwalker, ruddersrangers44 - y'all are the tops! Really. A1 fellows! I appreciate all your help!

ruddersrangers44 - Just saw the other one you posted. I'll keep my eye on it!

Quote by LoyalHistorian View Post
    ruddersrangers44 - Just saw the other one you posted. I'll keep my eye on it!
    Please do its a great example in really nice condition perfect for your m1c shell..............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3