Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Welcome to the new US M1 Helmet forum

Article about: Gents one secret to telling the age is the split in the rim materiel. If its in front its most likely WWII early. If its in rear it might be WWII. If the split has 2 rectangular crimp/weld m

Default Re: Welcome to the new US M1 Helmet forum

Gents one secret to telling the age is the split in the rim materiel. If its in front its most likely WWII early. If its in rear it might be WWII. If the split has 2 rectangular crimp/weld marks on each side and close together then its POST april 1943, 1943-1949 I believe.

Mr Hollywood
    ?

Quote by Mountaineer View Post
    Welcome to the forum. As far as i know there is no way to tell which branch of the armed forces they were issued to. I'm no expert , so maybe someone will come along that knows different.
    Thanks for the welcome! I did not think there was a way, but hey you never know unless you ask. Thanks again!

?

Back to the intent of this thread, frankly, putting the U.S. Helmets into a sub-forum only buried the U.S. helmets futher into WRF oblivion. I suggest putting it into a stand alone forum instead of the oft missed and ignored sub-forum status. Just my thoughts and observations, not ridicule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2