Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 McCord m1

Article about: As most of you know I’ve narrowed my collecting down to mainly Chaplain helmets. I’ve amassed a decent collection of said helmets but I recently purchased a M1 helmet and it is possibly

Default WW2 McCord m1

As most of you know I’ve narrowed my collecting down to mainly Chaplain helmets. I’ve amassed a decent collection of said helmets but I recently purchased a M1 helmet and it is possibly one of the hardest helmets to come by in my field of collecting.
    The helmet is pretty common, it’s a front seam fixed loop McCord with stainless steel rim. The helmet has the tack weld marks by the loops. The helmet as a early raised rim brass buckle with a flat J hook on the other side. The helmet has a stress crack which is common with earlier helmets. The heat stamp is 334B. The soldiers named and service number is written inside the helmet.
    The liner is a common Westinghouse with a broken green buckle leather chinstrap. The name in written on the inside of the liner and is painted also on outside.
    The helmet belonged to a Chaplains assistant. I know that’s exciting(sarcasm) but for me it’s a rare sight because most were not ID’ed or were reissued and never made it back to the states.
    The helmet is named to Ralph Monroe Williams who served in the ETO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 McCord m1   WW2 McCord m1  

WW2 McCord m1   WW2 McCord m1  

WW2 McCord m1  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Congratulations Marty. Never even knew there was a Chaplain Assistant.

Congrats on the rare find Marty, it's out of my field of collecting but I was always interested in the M1 Navy helmets. It's always exciting finding such a rare item!

You have acquired some great helmets Marty. Thank you for sharing. I also was not aware of Chaplain Assistant. I would like to find a WWII Chaplain helmet as well some day.
    John

Thank you guys, the Chaplain Assistant was very important in helping the chaplain with his duties, on and off the front lines.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice one Marty never fail to post something of quality.congrats on another super find.........