Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and assistance in identifying this Deutsche Polizie Officer visor that I am adding to my collection please. I have looked on the forum to try and id

Default Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and assistance in identifying this Deutsche Polizie Officer visor that I am adding to my collection please. I have looked on the forum to try and identify this style of visor and the red piping without much success. I suspect this possible metropolitan officers visors. Any expertise in this area would greatly be appreciated. As always, many thanks in Advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor   Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor  

Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor   Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor  

Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor   Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Deutsche Polizie Officer Visor
    P
    Many

From what I can see, it looks good to me. The piping is for 'Schutzpolizei der Gemeinden' (Metropolitan Police).

Thanks mate, all the best for Christmas and appreciate all your help. cheers Keith

Quote by Bencejones View Post
    Thanks mate, all the best for Christmas and appreciate all your help. cheers Keith
    You're welcome and I wish you a Merry Christmas too!

I found an old Stonemint posting on a similar visor which gives some more interesting information. Thank you Stonemint.

"This is for an officer of the Schutzpolizei des Gemeinden, abbreviated Gempo (Municipal Police).

These guys policed towns that were too large to be policed by the Gendarmerie, and too small for the Schupo. (Generally, towns between 10,000 and 99,000 people). Their Truppenfarbe is Weinrot, in contrast to the green of the Schupo and the Orange of the Gendarmerie."

Cheers Keith

Although under the laws governing Municipal/Gemeinde Police. these police were controlled by the local town Mayor, rather than a State Police Administration.