Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Article about: Hello, This is my first post here so let me introduce myself, although I do recognize some names from the other forums I'm sure many have no idea who I am. I am a retired cop from Los Angele

W.Unland
    ?

Default Re: Gendarmerie Parade Dress

A close up of the officer's grade leather cartidge box. These never really held anything, they were a hold over from the Imperial period and were purely decorative, and used for parades only.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gendarmerie Parade Dress  

2. # ADS

W.Unland
    ?

Default Re: Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Here is the tunic a bit more tricked out with a larger medal bar and SS membership runes (pinned on for display only). Interestingly the cartridge belt has a natural curve and scuff markes exactly matching this medal bar so apparently the original owner wore a large bar with it. I have seen photos of the belt wore over the medal bar obscuring it, and with it tucked under as shown here. I am not certain if any regulations specified how it was to be worn.

Regards,
    William Unland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gendarmerie Parade Dress  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2