Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German Panzer Police Tunic

Article about: Did the German Police have Panzer Wraps? Never seen one before. Thanks

It's items like this Tunic that pop out of the woodwork that can be of valuable insight on the world of collecting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Panzer Police Tunic
    P
    Many

I have a very nice collection of wraps. This one of the uber rare pieces, although, 3 others are in the same category if not more.

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Original pz Police wraps do exist but only in black wool and only made by one maker Bauch Wien.
    I also disagree with this, there are example be it extremely rare of green HBT panzer wraps.

You are fully entitled to your opinion. However, the proof is here. Yes green and white HBT wraps do exist.

Maybe I'll get around to showing my Officers wrap

?

They used other garments as well like WH hbt wraps, Tropical gear and also field made garments like various camo tunics but not official made for the Police Units and not in their official Equipment list. Only black panzer wraps and Pants where made for the Police Units in their own style.
    And yes they used also common Police tunics and other gear they could obtain.

By the way i would like to see one period Picture showing a Police green woolen wrap with the panzer collar Tabs in wear like the example shown by "humble collector".

?

some more picsGerman Panzer Police TunicGerman Panzer Police TunicGerman Panzer Police TunicGerman Panzer Police TunicGerman Panzer Police TunicGerman Panzer Police TunicGerman Panzer Police Tunic

?

This is a good book on this subject.

Page 205-214 are listing the tunics given to the Panzer Police tank Units. There is NO FIELD GREY OR PANZER POLICE GREEN/GREY WOOLEN WRAP listed.

They got black Panzer Pants, black oversea cap and a black wrap in wool and the same wrap and pant in HBT.

German Panzer Police Tunic

Has any one seen a Splinter pattern Schutzpolizei wrap with Panzer Skills attached on the collar?
    Pictures posted by MM1985, In picture #5 from the top do show guys wearing Camo. It is blurry and Difficult to make out what cut guys are wearing. Any lead to find more period pictures of Splinter and HBT Panzer Schutzpolizei wraps?

?

I have some questions, too. About the photo of the Panzer wrapper at the beginning of this thread (Post #1, Page 1). The shoulder boards do not look like usual the police style (generally looks like a Heer oberleutnant or its police equivalent, not including the waffenfarbe color).

Are the boards shown on the uniform correct? And is the waffenfarbe right for an armored police unit? I also noted the SS runes under the award loops (if that makes any difference), of course indicating that the policeman was also a member of the SS.

Please excuse my questions if too basic, it helps me to learn when running into something rare like this as to whether it is legit or not. I searched the forum before asking but that did not help in this case.

Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast