Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?

Article about: Hi everybody. My friend bought this unusual Polizei badge and would like some help in identifying what it is. It measures 55mm x 48mm approx and looks similar to the 2nd model cap badge, but

Default Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?

Hi everybody. My friend bought this unusual Polizei badge and would like some help in identifying what it is. It measures 55mm x 48mm approx and looks similar to the 2nd model cap badge, but can't be as it has a pin and catch assembly similar to badges worn on the tunic. we can't find any pics online of police officers wearing a tunic badge like this. The badge is a very heavy, thick, zinc-like construction. One possibility might be that it was used by TENO polizei, but that is just speculation. . The catch looks like a replacement., the hinge is integrated, not soldered, the badge does still retain some silvering at the top part of the wreath. Many thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?   Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?  

Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?   Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?  

Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Abzeichen- what is this?
    P
    Many

Looks like a cast copy of the Polizei Cap Badge to me.
    The Needle attachment is very similar to some polish casted reproductions I've seen.
    As far as I know there is no badge for the Police tunic like that, they wore arm Patches with the same eagle and cap eagles like yours with prongs for attachment
    out of stamped metal.
    Please correct me if im wrong.
    Greetings from northern Germany!

Thanks for that. It looked like a cast fake to me as well.

Mr Lueneburg nailed it!

Same for me, it's not even period quality/style of manufacture. I hope your friend didn't pay much for it. Any chance of him getting a refund?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

He only paid a tenner for it, so not too bad. Thanks for all the comments

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    He only paid a tenner for it, so not too bad. Thanks for all the comments
    What was worse was the dud teno buckle he bought that I have also posted. I am sure he will get his money back