Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Rare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets Estate

Article about: Hello everyone, I picked this outfit from a very good friend that I have done business with for years and he knows I collect military items, and he loves to hit estate sales. He would call f

Default Rare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets Estate

Hello everyone,
    I picked this outfit up from a very good and honest friend that I have done business with for years and he knows I collect military items, and he loves to hit estate sales. He would call from time to time when he stubbled across military or historic items. One day he called after leaving a WWII vets estate sale and he told me he had met a great vet with some very neat stories. He told me the vet had some of his bring backs he was selling. and that he had bought a German uniform from him, knowing that it would be something I wouldn't leave if I had the chance to buy it. So he picked it up for me. I've had it a couple years but shortly after me and him had done this deal my very good buddy passed away he had been putting up the good fight in the battle with cancer, and kept it close to the vest so I had no idea and was in shock, to say the least I didn't have any info on the vet he got this from or what other items were there but I have this and would like to show you guys. I've had it a little over two years and have enjoyed having it in my collection but it's time to get some feedback and put it on the market for sale. It is a German police tunic from a very small town in Belgium called Nommern it's so small I can only imagine it must have only had the smallest of police forces. The tunic has original sleeve patch shoulder boards buttons and ribbon bar. I would like anyone's opinion on it and if you guys have any history on the German police in Nommern Belgium it would be so neat to know. Rare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets Estate This outfit is for sale This corona virus has forced my hand on some of my collection. I also have a very neat Kriegsmarine captured large flag signed by the US GI's who captured it. As a bonus they were P-38 lighting pilots and crewmen. I bought the flag a longtime ago from another collector and the flag came with a photo of a couple of the guys holding the flag in front of a P-38, the picture has a name with it but I couldn't find it on the flag. The P-38 angle might be a story linked by the previous seller I'm not goin to sign off on it because I can't verify it, but it dose spark a nice little mystery and who knows might pan out. The flag is for sale. It measures 7ft 10inx 4ft 10in. Here are pics.Rare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets Estate This is turning into a long post but I hope it's interesting to some. I have a very rarely seen large eagle from a Austrian guarding company from Saltzburg I think if the research I've done is correct. Please offer any advice. And thanks so much for all of your time it is highly valued by me and I appreciate it.Rare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets EstateRare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets Estate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare German Occupation of Small Belgium town German Police Tunic From Vets Estate
    P
    Many

Nommern is a Luxemburg municipality. Luxemburg was annexed as part of the third Reich. In a legal sense not occupied. The uniform will have been used by a Luxemburg police officer in WW2. He probably put on his pre war uniform again in september 1944.

Looks to be in good condition!

Cheers,
    Emile

Thanks for the info.

Nice looking tunic.

It's actually for a member of the Fire Service rather than the Fire Police. The sleeve eagle being all in carmine red is the indicator (Feuerwehrpolizei sleeve eagles will have a black swastika).

Cheers

Jamie

Default General Question About Listing The Items I Want To Sell In Classifieds

I have tried to list these items for sale in the classifieds, but every time I finish the ad it tells me it's unable to post do to the pictures being to large a format. I have no idea how to change their size and would greatly appreciate any help, thanks for taking the time to read my post. The three items in this thread are for sale but aren't posted in the classifieds yet but will be I hope. The Fire service uniform I was hoping to find out if it's something that is common or rare, and if it's something that a serious collector would appreciate or just dismiss. This is a very hard field to begin the process of gathering the correct references to gain basic knowledge in the field and least have a fair understanding of the bare minimum regiments and insignia. That alone has been an overwhelming experience at times. At other times very interesting and fascinating and the hours of research fly by without being noticed. This is why I joined this forum and Wehrmacht-Awards to have access to the lifetimes of priceless experience and knowledge that only comes from hands on trail by fire hits and misses. I have had my fair share and am very careful when investing in a collection of German items and get as much background that I can to better judge the quality of the items. I like this forum better then Wehrmacht-Awards just based on this site is much more user friendly and easy to figure out. I still very new to any forum and just joined both so I am not 100% the etiquette when it comes to asking the folks on the forum to help me with a value on a newly purchased item that I haven't had before, or maybe never seen. I buy and sell military antiques with my father and have been doing so since I was a kid and have always loved it. My pops has 40+ years of collecting experience under his belt and has been successful at it, doing what he loves to do, he turned it into his fulltime occupation at a young age and has never done anything else. He is always a wealth of knowledge and has taught me so much over time. But I love learning and preserving history I feel is our duty, to those who risked it all to make history so we can have the world we enjoy today. I make my living now full time with my Pops and I love it, but as a few years past I noticed that their are two areas in the WWII time period that are very challenging for economic reasons (Very large retail values and hard to get into for the little guy and then you learn that those items have been reproduced since the last shot in the war was fired) and the overwhelming detailed information you can only get from hands on experience. So I made it a habit to always pick up the badges and examine them closely and then take the time to look them up in the references we have and research whatever info is out there. I am nowhere close to well versed in the field and my Pops says the same thing about himself and that blows me away considering how long he's been doing the same process I begun using ( I learned it from him) and he still has to question everything when it comes to this field of German wartime artifacts. So I've joined these forums to expand our ability to learn the correct history and to be able to offer authentic items in our sales that have been vetted through all avenues we have the use of. But since I've joined the few post I have made about some of my items and seeking some or any information about them and if they are desirable or what would be a fair asking price to start at, I always get folks telling me this is not a place to get prices or values on items. I of course don't want to upset folks or be overstepping what is offered in this forum so I am just asking so it is clear to me from here on out. As I'm sure you can understand I make my living by buying and selling a wide range of military items from many historic time periods. But I can price US British and most all other countries items or at least get close enough and be fair, but this German stuff is a different level and a guy needs help from time to time to verify to authenticity and to get a current market value. I don't ever want to offer a item that I didn't catch as a reproduction as a authentic piece, or ask for a ridiculous asking price and never sell the item. I don't want or need to squeeze every last drop out of the value of every item I want to make fair and honest deals so everyone involved feels the enjoyment of collecting and preserving history and at the same time keep the lights on and bills paid at home. So is it appropriate to ask for help when I don't know how to fairly price an item as well as getting the history of that item from the members here on the forum? As I've mentioned I do not want to offend anyone or overstep the way things are done here. I'm just wanting a clear answer. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my very long post I am very passionate about what I do and very grateful to all the historians and collectors that have helped me throughout my whole life and sparking this total sickness for collecting and history.

In terms of speaking just for the police tunic, its a uncommon sleeve eagle on a common uniform so i don't think it will move the value much in terms of what a average police uniform goes for, they are some of the the most common tunics see out there.

Morris

Thanks so much for the info, I have tried to list it in the classifieds but it keeps telling me I need to adjust the picture size because the picture is to big, but I don't have a clue what their asking me to do. If I were to offer it to someone what would be a fair value to place on it? I have not had many German uniforms and don't know the market. Thanks again much appreciated.
    Best regards Nick