Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review

Article about: 3rd Reich WW2 issued Ordnungspolizei combat restyled visor hat Thank you for reading my post and inviting me to this wonderful site. I made a significant trade with Espenlaub for this visor

MAP
    ?

That's what's separates us from the rest..

Nice visor. You picked up a good one!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review
    P
    Many

I would like to thank everyone again for your time and gracious help, especially Map who was kind enough to take time out of his life in order to help me post pictures of this Schutzpolizei Visor Cap. Finally got around to framing the newspaper clipping that was tucked inside of the sweatband and wanted to share my find with everyone. Not exciting but still a little window into the past, so to speak. Pictures of the "front" and "back". There are four death notices on the "front", two seem to have been killed in action, I have tried to research their names in the German War Graves but nothing really came up. The third is Anton Filius who pasted away from a heart attack at age 51, was a Hauptmann in the Reserve and awarded the E.K. II. Anton was a watch designer by trade and worked for his Father. The business is still going strong and family owned, they even have their own website. The back page seems to be rental properties, ads, classifieds, etc. Tried to translate as much as I could since my German is very rusty and very little time these days, kid going off to college soon, etc, etc. Best regards and many thanks to all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review   WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review  

WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review  

In the beginning I was hoping the newspaper clip would shed light on the original owner of the cap, unfortunately nothing came of it. Maybe the paper was tucked in for a better fit, again it is too thin. He saved it for some reason that I can not understand, maybe some personal reason. Newspaper clip is from Berlin, some time in 1942, and for me is a wonderful window into the past. Everyday life and personal accounts of this time period have always facinated me more than rare militaria and the small bits that cause so many headaches. To follow up on yesterdays post in regards to Anto Filius, his death notice on the "front" page, here is the families website, https://www.filius-zeitdesign.de/index.php

A very nice hat for your collection. Espemlaub is a sponsor of our forum and has an excellent reputation.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

fantastic cap!

William Kramer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2