Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1940 Red Army Water Flask

Article about: I have not seen this type of flask before has anyone seen a period photo of one please? Regards Nick

Default 1940 Red Army Water Flask

I have not seen this type of flask before has anyone seen a period photo of one please?

Regards

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 Red Army Water Flask   1940 Red Army Water Flask  

1940 Red Army Water Flask  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1940 Red Army Water Flask
    P
    Many

Hello,

In my opinion the marking is pure fantasy. The flask itself is very similar to a model issued to soviet IFV crews (BMP for example)... But I am not expert of such modern equipments, I may be wrong

I have not seen wartime pictures of it and I would not wanted it in my collection.

Best regards
    Gabriele

Thanks Gabriele

That’s what I was thinking, I have looked everywhere to see if I can find any period photos so thought I would check with you guys
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This is for sale for quite some time now on a very reputable dealers' website but I have always been puzzeld with this flask. I never managed to find any photographic evidence, not online nor in all my books and to me it feels like the stamps are just fantasy. They don't resemble any other stamps on wartime equipment.

This is a Russian army flask as used by tank crews, it’s not WW2 but dates from 1950s and is part of the standard equipment in AFVs from this time.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    This is a Russian army flask as used by tank crews, it’s not WW2 but dates from 1950s and is part of the standard equipment in AFVs from this time.
    So the date stamp is spurious, thank you

Nick

Yes, there are not usually any markings on the lids.

?

Such a pity.. as, otherwise, it’s a nice thing.