Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Leningrad/Blokadnik Bayonet

Article about: Hey all, What would be the easiest way to tell a fake from an original for one of these bayonets? It's my understanding most, if not all of them are dug up from former battlefields in Latvia

Default Leningrad/Blokadnik Bayonet

Hey all,

What would be the easiest way to tell a fake from an original for one of these bayonets? It's my understanding most, if not all of them are dug up from former battlefields in Latvia and/or Estonia and are found in relic conditions. I've come across a few bayonets that aren't seemingly in relic condition (save for a little pitting) and can't for the life of me tell if they are fake or not because of how much they differ from the usual relic ones. What are some things I should look for to know for sure if it is real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leningrad/Blokadnik Bayonet
    P
    Many

Can you post pictures of the Blokadnik bayonets you saw?

I'm not sure how to get a picture off the website where it was for sale without it looking blurry and pixelated and I apologize for that (a recurring problem for me), but the website's name that is selling them is e-antiquehouse. I'm not super well versed on the rules here yet so I don't want to post a link to any external websites to play it safe.

The pictures won't download, but here is the link:

https://e-antiquehouse.com/en/compon...category_id=99

E-antique house sells no less than 3 "Blokadnik" bayonets (Штык Блокадник-М1891/30/42). In my opinion all three are original (are they really as rare as what is claimed?).
    The "Blokadnik" bayonets were manufactured in several factories, so there is quite a difference between them.
    The bayonets were cast as well as welded. The blade of the "Blokadnik" bayonet resembles that of a SVT-40 bayonet, but no serial parts were used for the production. The "Blokadnik" bayonets have a much rougher finish. The length of the "Blokadnik" bayonet usually varies from 340 to 360 cm.